I am super excited that I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. The Sunshine Blogger award is “given by bloggers to bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community”. I was nominated by CJ Porter at https://potheadtoprovidence.com/. Please make sure you stop through to read his content… Follow him while you’re at it- you will NOT regret it 😉
His post titled “The Power Is You” touched my heart dearly. Here is a man who was able to find the light in the midst of his world crashing down. More importantly- CJ had the courage to share his experiences “so you don’t have to learn the hard way”. Therefore, I do and will always cherish my very first Sunshine Blogger Award- I am grateful for you CJ 😄
I feel an overwhelming joy to know The Bigger Than Me Movement was selected to receive this award. This movement started as an idea while sitting in the tub January 20, 2019. I remember the moment because I typed it in my notes on my phone 😎. My exact words were “Sitting in the tub right now and just manifested a blueprint for an ENTIRE movement”. That was literally it✨LOL… I had created a WordPress account a week prior to, but I did not have concrete plans of the route ahead.
My very first post was January 25, 2019. I never engaged in creative writing as I thought it “wasn’t for me”. Therefore, it was quite a challenge to mesh my dreams to be of service and expand it throughout the world. If you know me- you know I am ALWAYS up for a challenge 😎
I am a low-key person when I do things-so I did not create much self-promotion/marketing. I did not expect the movement to expand beyond my Instagram page (with very few followers- mostly “local”).
Regardless, I kept at it day in and day out. I did not know what to write about on many occasions- shoot… I still don’t. However, I still managed to put it out there…I put out what I feel in my heart… I put out the changes I want to see in myself… the world…
This award proves that I am doing something right. This award shows me (and others) that you can do anything your heart desires with persistence. Never underestimate your gifts, skills, and talents. Do not get caught up in what society says “you should do”. Really take the time to learn what you enjoy. Take it from me- I’ve explored so many creative ventures since the start of 2019.
ONE- the blog!!! I’ve produced my own song to reflect me- MY LIFE… MY EXPERIENCES. I feel good about this accomplishment. I’ve also dabbled into a bit of poetry for the first time. These ventures were all inspired by the understanding that I have a purpose way bigger than I could imagine- hence the name of the blog.
My focus is to continue spreading the word. I am also seeking networking opportunities so that I can efficiently carry out the vision of the “Bigger Than Me Movement”. I understand this is a process with many ups and down- not knowing how things will play out. One of the things that keeps me going is the support of the blogging community!!!
I receive support from people that were or are in my shoes- regardless of their mission… I learn something from each and every post and comment. With enormous sincerity in my heart- I would like to thank (and nominate) the following bloggers for being so instrumental in my growth as a blogger:
Humanity Lives On
BeingBetter: From Pothead to Providence
Motivation, & the Environment
Write, Live and Love
Vessels of Vision
Thank the blogger and provide a link to their site.
Put Award logo on your blog.
Answer 11 questions.
Nominate 11 other bloggers.
CJ’s questions and my answers:
- If you knew you will die tomorrow, except crying or whatsoever, what you would do or say? I would create new memories (capture photographs) that will be cherished forever for generations to come. I would speak words of encouragement to my loved ones to comfort them as they are all cared for by a higher source.
- Why you’re following my blog? I admire your courage and strength. It is difficult enough to deal with our trauma and inner demons. Not only did you face them, but you shared your experiences with the others for world healing. You are providing your son with a bright future to break generational curses. This also inspires boys and men to speak out about their mental health. Continue to reach the masses and change the world 😉
- What is your best post you read on my blog and you said wow (if any). “The Power in You”- I love the hope I feel as I read this post.
- Do you believe in love? Yes. I am learning in order to love others- we must begin to love ourselves. We are often faced with the dilemma of thinking love has negative associations (i.e. they must love me if they abuse me). This is embedded in us through our childhood- generational curses. It is up to us to break these chains and live life with an abundance of love.
- If you won the lottery today, what’s the first thing you do? Make my vision and my wife’s vision a reality (much sooner) to change the world J
- Do you forgive a betrayal or adultery if you’re married? Yes- I have been forgiven and have forgiven. It is the only real way to grow… learning from our mistakes. I may not agree with it, but I understand that none of us are perfect. I am fine knowing that we both have a common goal and work towards that- of course communicating in the process for “fine tuning”. We will make adjustments as needed and part ways if we’ve tried all that we possibly can.
- Tell me why someone should be close to you or be friend with you? (even if you don’t give a shit) I am a compassionate MANIFESTOR J
- What you really love to read, that you can’t stop or ever feel bored? I am not much of a reader- I prefer listening to music and watching YouTube videos. However, I do enjoy reading blogs- especially self-help and motivational posts J
- Have you ever been rejected or experienced one sided love? Describe it please. (oh that was a joke, don’t describe it please). Yes to both. I will say the rejection from my childhood has carried over into my adulthood. The shit hurts like hell, but I am working through it because I understand the wounds need to heal. I cannot truly move forward with various unhealed wounds- I will continue to be triggered… Quite frankly- I’m tired of that shit. LOL (I’m just being REAL).
- Have you ever been with 2 persons at the same time? (why would you do that hahha). Unfortunately, yes… with many lessons learned. I now understand how karma works and do not wish to create it- especially (unnecessarily) for myself.
- Describe the person of your dream, physically and mentally / emotionally. My wife… THE END!!! I was truly blessed with a mate that nurtures my soul’s existence. We have made it through so much toxicity alone and together. We understand how it all has/does impact us. We make plans to move forward knowing that we both “HAVE WORK TO DO”!!!!